Residents, Is My Unit in REAP?, Renters|

Adult and child holding hands.

Photo by Tawheed Manzoor is licensed under CC BY 2.0

We are here to help!

Each Rent Escrow Account Program (REAP) case is unique, and we are here to help you understand what REAP will require of your property owner and their property. As a tenant living in a REAP unit, you have several options for assistance. If you would like to speak to LAHD staff about the specifics of the REAP case on the property where you live, please contact us at the numbers below from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday:

Phone: (844) 864-REAP
Fax:     (213) 808-8810
TTY:    Due to technological changes, if TTY is needed to contact us, please use Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) such as Text-to-Voice TTY-based TRS, Speech-to-Speech Relay Service, Shared Non-English Language Relay Services, Captioned Telephone Service; IP Captioned Telephone Service, Internet Protocol Relay Service, or Video Relay Service.

Or email

If you are new to REAP and would like additional in-person information about the program, we encourage you to attend one of our regularly scheduled workshops. While these workshops focus on landlords and their REAP responsibilities, tenants in REAP often find the workshops to be informative.


Each REAP case is assigned an organization to assist you in understanding your rights and responsibilities while in REAP.  Their services are provided free of charge.

Please contact the LAHD REAP/UMP Unit to find out which outreach service provider has been assigned to your case. You may also receive mailers or in-person assistance from your assigned outreach service provider when they make site visits to inform tenants about REAP.

The organizations listed below are available to provide you with information about REAP; they can instruct you on how to pay into the escrow account, if you choose to do so; they can assist you in determining your rent reduction; they can provide you information about the protections that exist for tenants who pay their reduced rent on time to the landlord or into the escrow account (LAMC 162.09); and, they can assist you in submitting requests for release of escrow.

Services Primarily for Landlords

The Eberly Company
8383 Wilshire Blvd, Ste. 906
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(323) 937-6468

Services Primarily for Tenants

Coalition for Economic Survival
616 Shatto Place
Los Angeles, CA 90005
(213) 252-4411

Inner City Law Center
1309 E. 7th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90021
(213) 891-2880

152 W 32nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
(213) 745-9961

Inquilinos Unidos (United Tenants)
1709 W 8th St. Suite B
Los Angeles CA 90017
(213) 483-7497

(Visited 4,107 times, 1 visits today)

Comments are closed.