Rental Property Owners, Owning or managing rental housing|

The Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO) & Just Cause Ordinance (JCO) allows the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development which is both the owner and the plaintiff to recover possession in order to vacate the property prior to sale.

What You Must Do

  • Submit the landlord Declaration of Intent to Evict for HUD Owned Property Prior to Sale Order and corresponding administrative fees.

  • Submit a copy of proof of ownership by Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

  • Satisfy and provide proof of tenant notifications requirements under federal law and administrative regulations.

  • Once Application is processed and Tenant Relocation Assistance Determination has been issued the landlord must serve and pay proper relocation to the tenant in accordance with State Law Requirements.

Appeal Process

  • All parties have a right to appeal the Tenant Relocation Determination within 15 calendar days from the date of their determination.  Appeals must be received by LAHD with the completed Appeal form and the filing fee made payable to “City of Los Angeles”.

    There is a low income exemption waiver for the appeal fee.

    To qualify for an exemption from the appeal filing fee, the applicant’s annual household earnings must be no more than 50 percent of the median income in the Los Angeles area.  If you do not qualify for an exemption, you must submit the filing fee before an appeal can be scheduled.

(Visited 1,781 times, 2 visits today)

Comments are closed.